Sunday, August 14, 2011

Maine

Scott and I left the boys for a weekend to go to our college friend Emily's wedding, which was in Maine. I was VERY apprehensive to leave the boys, especially Logan since this would be the first time to leave him. Once we were there, I still missed them but we still had a great time. The weather was an amazing 65-70 degrees, which was a relief after spending the summer in Houston weather of >100 degrees.

We flew in Friday, and that evening we had the rehearsal dinner, which included a lobster bake, where they cooked the live lobsters right in front of us on an open fire. It was our first time to eat a whole lobster where you have to crack it, and I sure made a mess!! Later that night because it got so cool we hung around a campfire and had roasted marshmallows.

Saturday, all the girls in the wedding spent the morning getting pampered and having our hair and make-up done. Scott got to go explore some of the little towns around our Inn. He went to a place called the Lobster Dock and had famous lobster rolls!! I think Scott probably had 4 or 5 lobsters the whole weekend!

The wedding was beautiful and the bride looked amazing! The reception was gorgeous--her mom did a fantastic job decorating the tables. Emily and her new husband Jeff are self-proclaimed nerds and love to read, so there was a book theme to the decorations. They had a really cool old-school card catilogue set up at the tent entrance which is where you looked to see your table assignment. The tables had old classic books on them and also there were several framed pictures on each table of the bride and groom throughout their lives. We all had a fantastic time at the reception and it was a lot of fun catching up with college friends. Early Sunday morning it was time to hit the road for a long day of flying to get back to my boys!!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Love the pics of you and Scott. Yall look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pics were beautiful! I bet it was nice to get away!

    ReplyDelete