Sunday, January 8, 2012

Christmas 2011

Christmas was so much fun this year with 2 kiddos. On Christmas Eve went to our church who had a special Christmas Eve service. It was really neat because instead of sending the kids to the children's area, they got to stay in with all of the adults and go up on the front of the stage and sing songs. We had been practicing with Daniel for a couple of weeks, but I wasn't sure if he would go up there because it is such a huge place. He went up there and did a GREAT job!! I was impressed. After that, for Christmas Eve we always go to my dad's house where there's always at least 30 people--a crazy mad house. This year we had a Mexican theme to Christmas--we had tamales, fajitas, corn, beans, rice, tres leches, and a ton more I don't even remember! Santa came over before he set off for a long night of delivering presents to say hi to the kiddos. He gave them all coloring books and said he would bring the rest of the presents to their houses when they went to bed. The look of sheer adoration and magic on Daniel's face when he saw Santa is priceless! We opened presents over there and then headed home where Daniel put out milk, cookies, and carrots. Christmas morning was so much fun! I was afraid Daniel would wake up before us and go straight to the living room and I would miss the look on his face, but he came and got into our bed like he usually does, then we got up and opened presents. He did a great job helping Logan, who seemed more interested in eating the paper :) I made our traditional Christmas morning breakfast casserole, then we got to hang out and play with all of our new toys!! Christmas evening we went to my grandparents' house in Conroe for our traditional Christmas feast. It was delicious this year and a nice and relaxing time. On Monday the Miller family came over to do Christmas. We had Chinese food, including Peking Duck, then got to open MORE presents. We will definitely need to move into a bigger house after this Christmas season!!

No comments:

Post a Comment